Queer Tech Club (QTC) runs entirely on donations and sponsorships. We’re always looking for companies, organizations and individuals to sponsor our monthly events for Chicagoland’s LGBTQ technology community.
Some fast facts about QTC:
- We held our first Meetup in September 2013
- As of August 2018, we’ve hosted 57 Meetups
- We have more than 2,675 members (and are growing every day!)
- In 2017, we grew steadily at a pace of about 50 new members each month
- Our events usually have around 100 attendees
- Events typically run from 6 to 8 p.m. once a month on Tuesdays in downtown Chicago
Sponsorship for a single month varies, but typically covers the costs of drinks and other refreshments for an event with about 100 attendees.
If the organizers of QTC are to provide refreshments, we ask for the sponsorship costs upfront to purchase them ourselves. If the sponsor already has existing relationships with preferred vendors, the event can be organized using a much smaller budget.
In exchange for your sponsorship, we will do the following:
- List the sponsor on the Meetup page along with the company logo for up to 6 months
- Post twice on our Facebook page thanking the sponsor and with a message of the sponsor’s choice (pending approval)
- Post twice on our Twitter account thanking the sponsor
- Distribute literature, freebies, or other handouts at the event itself by placing it near the entrance or on tables
- Allow for a 5-minute presentation at the event itself where the sponsor can talk about the company’s business, jobs available and anything else of interest. This is a great opportunity to introduce recruiters!
By sponsoring Queer Tech Club, you’re not only supporting a great community of tech enthusiasts, including developers, designers, project managers, sales folks and marketers, but you’re also showing the tech community that your company is one that values diversity and inclusion.
Your support is greatly appreciated!